Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:38:42 -0800
From: Christy Semmens <email@example.com>
Subject: [Coral-List] REEF Marine Conservation Interns
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) in Key Largo, FL is now accepting applications for Summer 2015 Marine Conservation Interns.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
REEF?s Marine Conservation Internship provides an in-depth look into REEF’s Volunteer Fish Survey Project and Invasive Lionfish Program. Geared towards college-age individuals and recent graduates, the internship provides diverse experiences including scientific diving, outreach and education, data collection and management, non-profit operations, and public speaking. During the three month internship, you will have many opportunities to dive and volunteer with partner organizations in the Florida Keys and South Florida. Visit www.REEF.org/internship to learn more and apply.
– Exposure to numerous non-profit educational and environmental organizations
– Experience in Florida and Caribbean fish identification
– Opportunity to become a member of REEF?s Advanced Assessment Team
– Practical field experience in monitoring protocols, procedures, and data management
– Opportunities to teach others about the marine environment
– Making a lasting difference as a valuable member of the REEF team
– Hands-on experience with diverse tasks and responsibilities for important projects
– Network with key figures in marine science, SCUBA diving, underwater photography, and conservation
– Plentiful opportunities to dive
– College credit, if appropriate
– Letters of recommendation provided upon successful completion of the internship
– Dive training certifications from local dive shops and instructors, where applicable
– Make long lasting friendships with like-minded individuals
– Live in the beautiful, sunny Florida Keys, where the ocean is your backyard!
Application deadline is March 2, 2015.
For more information contact Martha Klitzkie at Martha@REEF.org or call 305-852-0030
Director of Operations
Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF)